I am impatient and LB even more so when it comes to finding out the gender of this little nugget. We are doing our gender ultrasound in a few weeks, spilling the beans HOPEFULLY to family and friends on the Fourth of July, and then I'll be sharing the results on the following Monday if baby cooperates. In the mean time, let's rely on the super reliable Old Wives' tales.
1. Heart rate: If the baby's heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy.
Our baby's heartbeat thus far has been in the 160s. Prediction: Girl
2. Shape of the Belly: If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy.
My stomach is medium height-wise, but round all the way. Prediction: Girl-ish
3. Acne: If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during is caused by the extra hormones.
My face has gotten AWFUL since becoming pregnant. Prediction: Girl
4. Cravings: It is believed that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.
Ice cream, OJ, fruit fruit fruit, and donuts are at the top of my cravings list. Prediction: Girl
5. Dad's Weight Gain: If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy.
Well, LB has stayed about the same so far. Prediction: Boy
6. Morning Sickness: If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl.
I was super duper nauseous that whole first trimester... to the point where I looked at LB and said, "Maybe one baby is good?" Prediction: Girl
7. Chinese Gender Prediction: Legend says that the Chinese gender charts are over 700 years old and over 90% accurate. The gender of the baby is predicted based on the month of conception and the mother's birthday. Prediction: Girl
8. Even and Odd Theory: Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. Prediction:Boy
9. Sleep position: If you prefer sleeping on the right side, girl. Left side, boy.
I don't like sleeping on either side right now at all, but if forced to pick? Left side. Prediction: Boy
10. Necklace Test: Using a necklace, hang it straight over your belly. You are having a girl if the necklace swings in a circle and it’s a boy if it swings back and forth in a straight line.
I had LB and Kim perform this test. It spun wildly in a circle. Prediction: Girl
- Boy: 3
- Girl: 7
Note: I saw this write-up on another blog and thought it would be adorable to share here. Here was hers.