I am taking Glennon Melton's advice and not writing from the open wounds, and waiting to share until a little more peace and healing and settling has happened in our lives. Just know that while this month has been the hardest and most trying that we have ever had, we are all alive. I am more grateful for that than I ever have been. Both LB and I are very bodily (him: knee surgery, ICU stay. Me: car accident) and spiritually sore at the moment. And truthfully, wrung out.
So I am sharing what new fun things I have bought as a form of light retail therapy in the past few weeks. (#coping). If I didn't spend money at Amazon or Target I would be a wealthy woman. I mean that genuinely and truly.
LB sucks at Mother's Day. Period. He has had two tries and he just blows it each time. So, I have taken the reigns and decided to just celebrate myself as a damn good mom this year. Here's what I got for myself:
- This adorable recipe box. I posted about it on Instagram and I am thrilled.
- Bath salts. They smell divine and not too feminine/floral-y.
- Earrings. I have a dirth of gold/rose gold jewelry and have been liking little pops of it more and more.
- Eyelash growth voodoo magic. Jury is out still but I just started using it.
And because part of Mother's Day is that I am a mom... here is the Lyla goodness that she is digging lately.
- This sweet yoga book. They do yoga at her school and she is really into it.
- Really good, easily spreadable organic-ish sunscreen for kiddos and family. I reeeeeeeally like this stuff. Best we have tried.
- While it is creepily funny to watch your one and a half year old baby run around with a knife, she loves to chop vegetables and she can't be stopped.
- A great water table. All kids love them. They just freaking do. I am not creative enough to make one of these on our own and for $40, this thing rocks.
So like I said. A little low-key retail therapy for the Bennett Fam. What are you digging lately? If you tell me it will make me happy for even 5 minutes, I'll do it. I'll buy it.