I promise that I will do a check in on last years goals sometime soon (along with a birth story, a birth announcement, and a general list of things I think a post-partum momma really needs), but I wanted to get these goals out into the universe ON January 1. House
There is really only one house goal that I keep coming back to: a total gut job of the upstairs bathroom. PERIOD. It needs to happen.
Life: List style
- Learn how to become Lyla's momma. Not the momma that anyone else thinks I should be, but the momma that Lyla actually needs
- Go to yoga one day a week and to the gym two days a week at lunch when back at work. This is not a vanity goal... it is a sanity goal. Period. Also, when I go to the gym at lunch I don't spend money eating out. Win win.
- Allow LB to be Lyla's dad. Trust him to do this well by giving him space to make mistakes without judgment.
- Read one book a month. They can even be about parenting, but continuing to broaden my worldview by reading makes me a happier person. Plus, I want Lyla to know her momma is a reader.
- Sleep. Sleep as much as I can, but also not be crazy about it. Coffee exists for a reason.
- Use my for real camera once a week.
- Continue to love on and invest in my friends. This also means being bold about investing in new friends too.
- Leave the house without baby for something just for myself once every two weeks. (Once a week will be hard to do once back at work).
- Ask for help. Always.
- Take a for real vacation with Lyla and LB.
- Bask in the glory that is my little family instead of being so afraid that something will happen to it. I am so lucky RIGHT NOW and I just need to dwell in the right now.
- Love. Gratitude. Simplicity. These three. Always, but especially this coming year.
- Continue to evolve organizational systems for our new family of three (babies come with so much stuff).
- Blog more consistently again as a means to connect to the broader world.. which now includes the broader world of parenting.
And just because I'd be so pissed if someone who's blog I read had a baby, did her first post and didn't give me a picture... here ya go: